Chief Kennedy: It's never an easy thing, saying goodbye to a brother firefighter, it's not. And this time, particularly is difficult for me because I watched Jack grow into a, well, into one of the finest firefighters I've ever known. He joined this department because he wanted to help people, who knows how many homes are still standing because Jack was there or how many lives were spared. He gave his life for that cause. We'll never forget you Jack. And we're better for having known you. But I make you this one promise, tomorrow when that bell rings, we will be back on the truck, because you were the bravest of the brave. People are always asking me, how is it that firefighters run into a burning building when everyone else is running out? Well, Jack, you answered that question by saving another man's life. Your courage is the answer. And today we will be as brave as you, by not mourning you, but by celebrating your life.
肯尼迪队长:和我们的兄弟说再见,这不是件轻松的事,而且这次对我来说更为难,因为我亲眼目睹杰克成长成为最优秀的消防队员。他加入消防队是为了帮助别人,他知道有多少家庭和生命需要挽救,他为此献出了生命。我们永远不会忘记杰克,我们以你为荣。我向你发誓,当明天警铃再次响起,我们依然会继续奋战,因为你是最无畏的勇士。人们总在问我,当每个人都在逃命,消防员为什么会义无反顾的冲进火场?杰克,你回答了这个问题,是为了挽救他人的生命。你的勇气就是答案。今天,我们将和你一样英勇,我们不再悲恸,而是盛赞你的生命。
Jack Morrison: Linda, what is wrong?
杰克:琳达,怎么了?
Linda Morrison: I saw you on the news, Jack, dangling from a rope! How could you tell me that it's not dangerous?
琳达:我在新闻里看见你了,杰克,悬在绳索上!你怎么能告诉我没危险呢?
Jack Morrison: I never said it wasn't dangerous.
杰克:我没说过不危险。
Linda Morrison: When we talked about it, I asked you and you said it wasn't dangerous.
琳达:当我们谈起的时候,你说没危险。
Jack Morrison: I said it wasn't any more dangerous than being on the engine! I never said it wasn't dangerous!
杰克:我说的是不比在消防车上危险!我从没说过不危险!
Linda Morrison: Do... do... do you see me right now? Do you? 'Cos this isn't just about us. Have you thought about that?
琳达:你明白我吗?这不只关系到我们俩,你想过吗?
Keith Perez: You think it's funny to fornicate with loose women?
基思:你认为和那些骚娘们儿私通很有趣吗?
Lenny Richter: No, sir.
莱尼:不,长官。
Keith Perez: Well, if you want to have sex, why don't you just get married?
基思:那么如果你想满足性欲,为什么不结婚?
Lenny Richter: I can't, sir.
莱尼:我不能,长官。
Keith Perez: Why?
基思:为什么?
Lenny Richter: Well, the church doesn't allow two men to get married...
莱尼:教堂不允许两个男人结婚。